Hike the many area trails, enjoy scenic drives, and relax near beautiful waterfalls.
- Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest
- Nantahala National Forest
- Biltmore Estate - More than a century ago, George Vanderbilt created a larger-than-life country retreat in North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Blue Ridge Parkway - follows mountain crests for 469 toll-free miles from Shenandoah National Park in Virginia to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina.
- Cherohala Skyway - The Skyway is located in East Tennessee and Western North Carolina.
- Grandfather Mountain - the highest peak in the Blue Ridge mountain range and was the first private preserve ever set apart by the United Nations as a Biosphere Reserve.
- Chimney Rock Park - spectacular 75-mile views, numerous hiking trails, a 404-foot waterfall, Nature Center, picnicking and more.
- Souther Highroads Scenic Driving Trail - The Southern Highroads is like no where else in America. There are 13 counties within 4 states. You'll find breathtaking views, friendly people and fun-filled activities for the entire family.
The nearby Ocoee and Nantahala Rivers offer kayaking and whitewater rafting adventures.
Ride horses and mine for gems.
Visit the crafts fairs, shop for antiques, browse the flea markets, and enjoy the area festivals, including the Georgia Mountain Fair and Oktoberfest.
Ride the Great Smokey Mountain Railroad.
- Great Smoky Mountains Railroad is now in its twelfth year of providing a full season of tourist railway round trip excursions. Scenic excursions take you through a beautiful section of western North Carolina with views of the magnificent Great Smoky Mountains, winding rivers, and lakes.
Visit the world-famous Smokey Mountain National Park.
Enjoy the Cherokee Indian Museum and Oconaluftee Indian Village. Try your luck at the Reservation Casino.
Take a class, or visit, the John C. Campbell Folk School.
- John C. Campbell Folk School - I love this school, and thousands of their students agree with the sentiment. They have a great staff, world-class instructors, and excellent facilities, all tucked away in a beautiful valley near Brasstown, North Carolina. If you want to learn a traditional art or craft, this is the place to go -- if the class isn't already full -- don't wait too late to register.
Attend the Licklog Players Theatre.
- Licklog Players - Theatre information for the Licklog Players in Hayesville.
Visit Brasstown Bald, the highest point in Georgia.
Return to previous page